How to study in Australia for free: Your Guideline

Pro-tips on how to study in Australia for Free  Imagine being able to study in Australia without worrying about the financial burden. It may seem impossible, but with the right qualifications, guidelines and a bit of luck, you can achieve this dream and study in Australia for free. Don't let the fear of expenses hold you back from pursuing your education. With determination and hard work, you can make your dreams a reality.  So yes, It is possible to study in Australia without spending a single penny, provided you have the right qualifications, guidelines and a bit of luck. Let me explain it to you in detail. In Australia, most universities don't charge international students any application fees, particularly postgraduate research students. You can find a list of 16 universities in Australia that don't require application fees. This is a great opportunity for international students with good academic records to apply to multiple universities, increasing their ch

study and work in Australia : Working Certificates you need for any job

study and work

Basic Working certificates you need for any Job in Australia

As a student, when you decide to work in Australia, many jobs will require you to get certain certificates or even go through some training programs first (this also applies to working holiday makers, and backpackers). Working in Australia is very competitive and usually requires some proficiency in what you intend to do as a job. They expect you to possess some minimum skills and knowledge about the work and the working environment. These skills in the form of these certificates show how ready you are to work and will give you the job you seek. 
However, the good news is that all these certificates are easy to get, and usually at very affordable prices. Some do not even require any expenditure. Be aware that even the least job in Australia will demand one of these certificates or qualifications. 

Below, we will try to outline some of them for you and tell you what they are exactly, where to get them, and at what price:
  1. RCG (Responsible Conduct of Gambling) also known as RGS or RSG
  2. RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol)
  3. Working with Children Checks (Blue Card etc..) 
  4. White Card
  5. FSS (Food Safety Supervisor)
  6. First Aid and CPR
  7. Forklift license
  8. Barista Skills
  9. Traffic Controller
  10. TFN
  11. Driver License
 Ok, now that u know all of the working certificates needed to work in Australia, let's get into what they really are, and where to obtain them.

1 RCG also known as RGS or RSG

    These are all necessary certificates for those who intend to work in the hospitality industry. SITHGAM006A which is also known as RCG(Responsible Conduct of Gambling), RGS(Responsible Gambling service or RSG(Responsible Service of Gambling) is a certificate that you must get if you intend to work in casinos or bars, pubs, clubs, hotels having gambling or gaming facilities. It is a training course that teaches you how to handle services and situations in this environment. Usually, you can get this course online or via a short classroom course as Australia has many establishments offering the course. Via short classroom classes, you can get this course at about 60$ while, online at about 24$. However, most Australian states have different regulations in regard to when you have to acquire these certificates. In some states it's compulsory to get it before you start work, in others, you need to get it as soon as you start work.

    2 RSA

      RSA stands for Responsible Service of Alcohol. This a training course that you need to obtain if you wish or intend to work in places serving alcohol in Australia. We recommend that when getting your RSG, you better get it same time with RSA since both certificates are needed to work in almost similar places. You need RSA to work in restaurants, bars, pubs ie any facility serving alcohol in Australia. Most online training programs will offer you a deal of 24 dollars to get both certificates after the completion of the course.

      3 Working with children checks

        In Australia, if you intend to work with children and young people, these are some of the most essential requirements you must meet ; (acquisition of these documents below. How you acquire them differs per state):
        • In Queensland, we have Blue Card: This is a certificate you must acquire if you intend to work with children in Queensland, Australia. It is a training course that equips you with the skills you need to work with children. The certificate is handed to you after you complete this training. Its main is to minimize the risks of harm to children and young people by contributing to the creation of safe and supportive environments. Blue card is key prevention and monitoring system for people working with children and young people in Queensland. For more information on how to acquire these documents and the conditions check the official website Blue Card Services

        4 White Card

          This is an essential and compulsory face-to-face training course that must be acquired by people who intern to work in Construction Industry in Australia. The certificate acquired at the end of this course is recognized all over the various states in Australia. The main aim of this course is to train you about health and work safety at the construction site. You will be trained on how to identify potential dangers at the workplace, and how to manage and avoid incidents. It is also called Green Card sometimes as the card used to be green in colour. Now it's white. So do not get confused over the name. Usually, this health and workplace induction can take a day and cost about 100$.

          5 FSS

            FSS stands for Food Safety Supervisor. This certificate however as compared to the above-mentioned, is not so compulsory to obtain. Usually, people who get these certificates are those with long-term career plans in the food industry and with years of already acquired experience. As the name says, it is a certificate for the position of food supervision. This means that the course is designed for supervisors to get training and meet the requirements on safe food handling and the knowledge on how to supervise and control the other staff around them to do the same. The course can be taken face to face usually and its regulation differs state by state in Australia.

            6 First Aid and CPR

              These courses are being offered all over the different states in Australia. It's a training course you must undertake if you intend to work in places that require physical activities like sports, outdoor activities etc...You can take these courses either online or via direct face-to-face training. The aim of the course is to teach you how to determine the needs of a victim, how to handle emergency situations, and give you first-aid skills for controlling bleeding, treating minor cuts and injuries, fractures, snake bites and stings etc.. and perform Cardio-Pulmonary-Resuscitation when the need arises among others. The price to take this course varies, but it is very affordable.

              7 Forklift license

                This is a training course designed for people who have intentions to work with Forklift. Usually having an experience with Forklifts will facilitate your training and the duration also.

                8 Barista Skills

                  Firstly, I have gotta tell you that Australians love Coffee. So if you intend to work in Cafes, this is an essential skill you must acquire (if possible before you move to Australia) . Learn coffee art 💟!! Most coffee shops before they hire you even require previous experience. So before coming to Australia, if this is your dream, get some courses and acquire the skills and experience. The courses are available all over Australia. Prices vary but usually, an hour course can cost about 100$ Australian dollars

                  9 Traffic Controller

                    This is a course training program for people who intend to work as accredited Traffic controllers on Australian roads. To get this job or the certificate, an individual must complete and be deemed competent in the Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) Approved Traffic Controller training program. If you are successful in completing the course, you can apply for a Traffic Controller Industry Authority Card issued by the Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR).
                     This training program comes with some eligibility requirements  that you must meet such as :
                    • Hold a General Construction Induction Card (White Card or Blue Card)
                    • Have held an open or provisional driver's license (Australian or foreign) other than learners within the last 5 years
                    • Meet the medical fitness criteria
                    • Meet the criminal history requirements (last 10 years)
                    • Meet the traffic history requirements (last 5 years)

                    10 TFN

                       TFN which stands for Tax File Number. While living and working in Australia, you must have an Australia tax file number. It is your personal reference number in the Australian tax system. It is important to have one. To apply for one go to  Tax file number/Australian taxation office website.

                      11 Driver License

                        Many jobs in Australia will require you to have a driver's license. This is also a very big requirement but not a necessity to find a suitable job in Australia. Australia is so large and having a car can really make things faster for you. Having a car is a basic commodity in Australia.

                         Good luck with your job search in Australia. Please comment and share your ideas and let us know if there is anything we left out or anything you wish to know more about living, studying and working in Australia. We are here for you 😃

                        Related Posts :
                        Don't hesitate to leave a comment below, tell us about your experience in applying for a scholarship abroad, your difficulties and how we can assist you if you need any help. 
                        Please Subscribe here for all future updates and opportunities.

                        PLEASE FOLLOW US on FacebookInstagramTwitterLinkedIn for more content and updates.
                        If you have questions that need a wide response, feel free to join our Facebook group community of 70k+ active members to interact. Thanks


                        Free Online Courses

                        Student Visa Guidelines

                        Jobs and Opportunities

                        Admissions and Scholarships Guidelines